Thursday, February 09, 2006
You Know You Work For An Animal Shelter When...
- Your printer stand is actually a dog crate.
- No matter how many times you re-record your voice mail greeting, you can't get one without the sound of dogs barking in the background (and then most of the volunteers who leave messages tell you they like it!)
- You find yourself discussing pit bulls or the importance of spay/neuter at parties.
- Despite being provided with EBSPCA logo t-shirts, you buy your own shelter logo wear online-- especially if it features a cute picture of Tigger the shelter cat or Kaluha the pit bull.
- When you think of your benefits package, discount vet care for your pet(s) comes to mind before your health, dental and vision benefits.
- Your work clothes are a sweatshirt covered in cat hair and an old pair of jeans. Did you know that some people actually have to dress up for work?
- You use lots of needles and syringes daily to vaccinate, microchip, or deworm animals.
- You have emergency lint roll sessions every few days when your coworkers decide you're wearing too much cat hair.
- When your friends chat casually about their pets, you find yourself giving them behavioral advice.
- When people talk about taking care of children, your main frame of reference is bottle-feeding kittens.
- You get more excited hearing about great dog and cat adoptions than you do about the Superbowl or the Academy Awards.
- You dream about shelter animals.