Here are the things you will inevitably do at least once when joining the shelter staff. Like smashing a champagne bottle against a boat, these are the things we've all done to christen ourselves:
- Lose balance of the giant rolling tub of dishwashing soap, spilling it down a hallway.
- Repeat with giant rolling tub of kitty litter.
- Become confused about which end of the hose nozzle squirts water and spray yourself in the face.
- Drop a hose so it perfectly lands on the handle to create indoor rain.
- Get lost in the back corridors.
- Lock yourself out of the building.
- Sacrifice at least one article of clothing to the gods of bleach.
- Adopt or foster a shelter animal.